Rules & Guidelines
Welcome to OddFutureTalk! Home of the Official OFWGKTA Message Board.
We hope you enjoy your stay.
OFT is a moderated forum. However, the moderators cannot be everywhere and see everything. Because of this, please use these rules as a guideline as to what is and is not allowed, rather than the content of other users posts. ·
What Is A Moderator?
A Moderator is a staff member from among the userbase who gives of his/her valuable time to help keep the boards a fun place for everyone. They try hard to be fair but cannot be everywhere. Because of this, please use these rules as a guideline as to what is and is not allowed, rather than the content of other users posts. Note that the moderators have the final say-so in any situation.·
What Do Moderators Do?
Moderators monitor board posts and respond to complaints to keep posting free of undesirable content. They enforce the board rules, and can delete posts, edit posts as well as remove any user's ability to visit the boards. Please respect and adhere to moderators warnings, both public and private.They deserve respect and appreciation for their time.·
What If I Disagree With A Moderator?
Moderators are not perfect and are only human. Disagreements occur. Try to communicate with them first on a respectful level and settle your disagreement. They are not targets for your obscenities, flames or general insults. If you do not agree with a decision, you are not entitled to start a thread arguing about the verdict or flaming any of the moderators. Any such messages will be removed. If you feel a verdict or ban was unfair, please contact the any other staff memeber before anything else and he will work with you regarding your situation. Please read the rules so you will be familiar with them:
B. Posting "Real Life" Information:
Posting any real life information about another user/person is strictly prohibited. This includes such things as full names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. Purposely posting links to users social networking pages, websites, school, etc. for the sole purpose of harassment will be severely dealt with and can result in a permanent ban.
D. Keep All Images Work Safe:
If you feel the need to post any NSFW images, do it in The Burner. Please do not post any illegal (child porn, bestiality) images or else you will be banned.
G. Warnings and Warn Reduction:
Rule violations will result in a warning. Users are allowed a max of 3 warnings followed by a temporary ban for 1 week. Warnings reset every 4 months (3 Times a year)
I. Other Explicit Content:
Explicit images/videos, which include but not limited to death scenes, death pictures, torture, mutilations, are not allowed. Explicit written descriptions of these acts is also not allowed on the boards.
Purposely spamming a message board with senseless, vacuous, or empty messages is highly frowned upon! Spam clogs up the forum makes relevant and accurate information harder to find and causes the forum to slow down for everybody. Don't post twice with the same or similar ideas, condense it into one post. Try not to use one word or single sentence answers. Don't post the same thing across multiple boards. It is better to post quality rather than quantity. A few well thought out, intelligent posts will do you far more good in the long term than a host of poorly worded posts. On a similar note, participating in spam attacks (post riots, etc.) or planning a spam attack on the Message Boards or any other Website is unacceptable.
L. Advertising & Solicitation:
Posting for the pure purpose of driving traffic to your own website is not allowed. This includes any pyramid schemes, free offers, other board systems, money making ventures, etc. These boards are not an advertising platform for you to use. Spam advertising via the Private Message system will result in immediate termination of your account.
What is a Personal Attack?
OddFutureTalk has rules against posting personal attacks. We have learned that there exists a broad range of opinion about what constitutes a personal attack. It is our opinion that any negative comment about another member of this message board is a personal attack, and such comments should not be posted on our message board. In practice, however, not all personal attacks get removed by the moderators. If there is a specific example of rule-breaking that you feel should be dealt with, PM a moderator with a link to the post in question or use the report button to report the post immediately.
Occasionally mistakes are made, as the moderators are human. If a member feels that a moderator has acted inappropriately, that member should send an PM to any Administrator or Moderator.In an effort to standardize the enforcement of our personal attacks rules, and to increase understanding among our members, here are some guidelines relating to our personal attacks rules.
Types of Personal Attacks:
There are various forms of personal attacks, here are some examples:
Saying bad things about another member. For example: "You are an idiot"
Hurling insults at another member. For example: "Fuck you, bitch" or "Shut the fuck up."
What are Personal Attacks? When are Personal Attacks okay?
- If The attack is against a member of this message board, rather than a public figure. If you attack another member of Odd Future Talk, your post will be removed and you will be warned. However, we do not remove attacks against public figures, such as politicians, entertainers, or other prominent individuals.
- The attack is against an individual, rather than a group. If an attack is against an individual member of this message board, then it will be removed. However, if someone posts an attack against a very generalized, non-discrete group of people it is not considered a personal attack for enforcement purposes. (Be aware that such group attacks may still be removed as bigotry or flame bait.)
- The attack is directed at a person, rather than at an idea. If an attack is against an idea, then it will be allowed to stay. For example, it is permissible to say that an idea is "stupid" but it is not permissible to say that an individual member of this message board is "stupid".
- The attack is clearly intended to smear, insult, or otherwise attack. If an attack is obviously intended to be malicious, then it will be removed. In practice, however, not all attacks are clear-cut. If a member makes a relatively harmless assertion about another member that is based on fact and not necessarily negative, it will generally be allowed to stay. For example, a user would be allowed to post "you frequently make negative comments about X" This is a reasonable conclusion to draw about someone's activity on this message board, and it isn't necessarily a negative personal characteristic. However, if someone says "you are a liar" or "you frequently tell lies," then that would be crossing the line into attacking because the comment asserts a negative personal characteristic.
- The attack is direct, rather than inferred by the listener. For example, if someone says "that is a stupid idea," that is not considered to be a personal attack. Often, in cases like this, people will infer that the speaker is calling the other person "stupid" even though the comment is narrowly targeted to the idea. We will not consider such inferred attacks to be prohibited personal attacks. Occasionally, however, an attack is so obvious and mean-spirited that we will nonetheless assume that it was intended as a personal insult by the author and remove the post.
Our goal is to provide a forum where fans can discuss OFWGKTA and other topics of interest in an atmosphere of mutual respect. While we know that we can never be 100% successful, we are committed to doing whatever we can, within reason, to make this goal a reality.