Toggle shoutbox Talk

@  clockworkpurple : (06:37 PM)

anybody got download link or know where I can find?

@  clockworkpurple : (06:37 PM)

looking for a poshgod/freebase tape2

@  Thomas Hunna : (07:53 AM)

@Swampy shit dude, along time ago

@  Uhhimani : (07:38 PM)

I miss adam

@  Swampy : (07:54 PM)

also when the fuck did we get ice cream

@  Swampy : (07:53 PM)

When the fuck did they even make that

@  Hobo : (10:58 AM)

wtf when did i become member of the month?

@  YungBasedNikey : (02:01 PM)

unfortunately

@  Eatin Apples... : (04:43 PM)

Jeezis this place still exists?!

@  Android XVII : (08:30 AM)

1love

@  Murphy Lee : (04:57 PM)

Ayyy

@  Mr Deerskin... : (03:04 PM)

Yo i can't believe this shit is still around

@  Guest : (09:17 PM)

yo

@  Material : (10:24 PM)

https://discord.gg/rN57wJg

@  Material : (04:06 PM)

join the discord

@  Material : (04:06 PM)

goldy i see you lurkin

@  Swampy : (01:44 AM)

message removed by moderator

@  Beeb : (10:28 PM)

:ronan:

@  Cheddahz : (02:30 AM)

everyone should join the discord

@  Guest : (11:06 AM)

f

@  ASTOREA2K : (04:29 PM)

@Fig join discord

@  Fig : (12:19 AM)

Good to know the forum still exists

@  Android XVII : (04:50 AM)

i feel like adam gone forever he fully a cancer

@  Wyatt : (04:59 PM)

Sup everybody

@  Wyatt : (04:59 PM)

Yo yo

@  Uhhimani : (03:32 PM)

jk ily

bby ass

im p sure he actually a cancer lol

@  Uhhimani : (03:31 PM)

is Adam bck nao

@  BEazy : (07:01 AM)

Imagine using the Shoutbox and not the discord

@  Android XVII : (09:12 PM)

where u work

@  Swampy : (01:31 AM)

Gonna call in sick tomorrow

@  Swampy : (01:30 AM)

I’m smoking big hash but I hate my job

@  Swampy : (01:29 AM)

I moved to Denver Colorado shits dope

@  Android XVII : (12:03 AM)

hiccups lowkey scary

@  Uhhimani : (02:39 AM)

I was drunk idk why my first thot was to come on here and post that..lol

@  Uhhimani : (01:46 PM)

I hv the hiccups rn. its terrible

@  A Fuckin Rad... : (10:55 PM)

First time logging on in over 6 years, just to find out UGK passed... this some 'ol bullshit

@  Android XVII : (10:30 PM)

its all good i forgive u

@  chrisb : (04:02 AM)

oops my bad

@  Android XVII : (08:54 PM)

i kno for a fact u did

@  chrisb : (01:04 AM)

i never had u on snapchat i don't think

@  Android XVII : (12:19 AM)

wtf hell naw u older than me u were always mean to me u blocked me on snapchat

@  chrisb : (04:26 AM)

:dance:

@  chrisb : (04:26 AM)

i'd get ur back android but u were mean to me when i was 16 so

@  chrisb : (04:25 AM)

it was ugk's bday the other day

@  Android XVII : (03:18 AM)

and its no OFT without khaled.... shut the whole website down its no point anymore RIP ugk17

@  Android XVII : (03:17 AM)

i was hating on white woman on twitter and khaled got mad at me and abandoned all of us

@  chrisb : (10:11 PM)

what happen

@  Uhhimani : (08:29 AM)

: /

@  Android XVII : (04:19 PM)

if u follow me on twitter that aint shit compared to other things i said
its cancer season my guy was in his feelings das all it is
wya pooch
im in colton california pull up ill giv u the hands !!!! im fighting in the name of dj khaled and ima win cause americans can't lose to british ass fuckniggas

@  Android XVII : (04:18 PM)

i said its a lot of demonic elf looking white girls and my dude snapped

@  Android XVII : (04:16 PM)

u wasn't even there pooch stfu.... khaled sensitive ass got offended by a tweet how is that my fault

@  Pooch : (02:28 PM)

Hey Android, if I ever see you I will smash you into a pulp you useless cunt, fuck you.

@  tylersgay : (11:18 AM)

you know what im out too

@  tylersgay : (11:18 AM)

fuck MTY

@  tylersgay : (11:17 AM)

damn we lost a brother

@  tylersgay : (11:17 AM)

im the new manager of oft ladies and gents

@  Android XVII : (05:19 AM)

say it to face pussy

@  Android XVII : (05:19 AM)

fight me matty

@  Android XVII : (01:47 AM)

u wasn't even there matty

@  Android XVII : (01:34 AM)

:earl: :earl: :earl: :earl:

@  MTY : (01:08 AM)

bro shut up

@  Android XVII : (12:50 AM)

fucka twitter beef

@  Android XVII : (12:49 AM)

prayers up for my nigga khaled until i die

@  Android XVII : (12:48 AM)

bruh i love khaled im forreals sad i hurt his feelings i aint mean to do all that i jus b wildin on the internet.... i genuinely did not think i could affect somebody else mental state with internet words

@  Android XVII : (12:37 AM)

we witnessing the end of an era

@  Android XVII : (12:35 AM)

i dont kno how i got banned from twitter off such an inoffensive tweet but i believe u

@  Android XVII : (12:34 AM)

<3

@  KHALED : (12:30 AM)

@ Steve Berman : (16 July 2013 - 01:38 PM)chick fil a doesn't hate gays, they serve me all the time

@  KHALED : (12:29 AM)

fuck this, enjoy the site. im changing my password to something i dont know and im not coming back

@  KHALED : (12:28 AM)

and no you dont have to take the job seriously, i dont ban people on here unless its that one weird dude Kendrick or whatever

@  KHALED : (12:27 AM)

oh shut the fuck up, i never got you banned, i never reported your dumb tweets i just blocked you

@  Android XVII : (12:21 AM)

really got me banned from twitter for 12 hours

@  Android XVII : (12:18 AM)

jus because i made fun of white womann on twitter

@  Android XVII : (12:17 AM)

khaled i kno u mad at me but please don't ban me from the shout box

@  tylersgay : (04:40 PM)

or can we fuck around

@  tylersgay : (04:39 PM)

@KHALED do we have to take the role seriously

@  KHALED : (01:43 AM)

to be*

@  KHALED : (01:43 AM)

anyone want to me management? im never coming back to this site

@  KHALED : (11:24 PM)

lil bitch

@  Android XVII : (09:24 PM)

detroit

@  KHALED : (01:09 AM)

im a big sean fanboy

boii

boii

@  Uhhimani : (05:48 AM)

:hansen:

@  ASTOREA2K : (11:24 PM)

@Uhhimani post ur nudes

@  Uhhimani : (08:58 PM)

*I needa stop drinking too I'm not an alcoholic but I suk too much dick when I'm drunk*

@  Uhhimani : (08:57 PM)

stop drinking and just use thc

@  Uhhimani : (08:56 PM)

pooch get ur life together

@  Uhhimani : (08:56 PM)

omg pooch is online ayeeee

@  Uhhimani : (08:55 PM)

u kno its forever papi

@KHALED ily 2

y'all ready for new bby $ muzic

@  ASTOREA2K : (12:40 PM)

make me admin

@  ASTOREA2K : (12:40 PM)

kevin

@  Pooch : (10:03 PM)

and potential virgin

@  Pooch : (10:03 PM)

Hey smitty I see you online, are you still a sad fat bstard

@  Pooch : (12:01 AM)

Because I was too wasted to make food and they were lying there from the morning

@  Android XVII : (11:20 PM)

grossss why are u eating cold beans

Photo

Flatbush Zombies - D.R.U.G.S. (TRACK REVIEW)

23 replies to this topic

#1 Fig

Fig

Ryan's army

• ✞ Premium ✞
  • 6,066 posts
  • Joined 23-September 11
  • LocationHouston

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:56 AM

REVIEW TIME!!!

Posted Image

I have been awaiting a mixtape of some sort by Flatbush Zombies since they started to blow up around the beginning of the year, releasing banger after banger, the hype began. FBZ on the other hand were so secretive about releasing a collaboration of songs, you had no idea when you'd get a steady project from them. Sometime at the end of May a mixtape was announced, but it was pushed back again and again, making fans hungrier and hungrier, almost becoming Zombies themselves. Finally, it's here, the show has begun. So get out your bongs and lighters, because you are now about to enter the world of D.R.U.G.S.

1. Intro
The song starts out with a spacey feel to it, like a cheesy 50's horror flick. Then it starts to get a bit demented and creepy as it goes on. Finally the beat starts up and the real show begins. Juice comes up with the perfect verse to start this tape, I can't really explain it but it's just so fitting for the atmosphere. Before you even get a second to breathe, Meech is on here with a mind fuck, his flow is batshit insane and has lyrics out the ass. At the end of the song you get a creepy kid talking about Jesus, weird, but I like it. 8/10

2. Breakfast AT ePiffanies feat. Erick Arc Elliot
Holy fuck, the flute in this song gets my dick hard. Now that that's been said, Erick makes an appearance in this song! He is the main producer in FBZ and occasional rapper. Great chill verses from everyone, but once again, Meech steals the song with another off the hook verse. I enjoy the song, but it's not one of my favorites on the tape. 7.5/10

3. Mary, Nothing Above Thee
The album is called D.R.U.G.S. so of course there's gonna be at least one weed song, and yes, it's THAT Mary. Juice comes harder on this song than on the last, which is good, because Meech doesn't deserve all of the fun. But alas, Meech once again destroy's the song. He can't help it, he's just too fucking good. In the song they both talk about marijuana as a real women, and all the things they would do to her, it's odd but funny too. Probably one of the less stereotypical weed songs out there, it's great. 7.5/10

4. Al Bundy
Just a track where Meech spits like there's no tomorrow, it's excellent. Well, for the most part, you see, Meech produced this song and he's not quite as skilled in FL as he's is on the mic. 7/10

5. S.C.O.S.A.
This song came out earlier this year as FBZ's second single. The beat is filled with bass and you just want to break something listening to it. Meech and Juice are both fucking monsters on here but the chorus really outshines them both. A banger that fucking bangs. 8.5/10

6. Remember, I Got Money
Another banger, this time with a deep voice effect that makes it hard for me to understand who is who in the song. This track is just flexing, "I got money and bitches" sums it up just fine. But as a banger, it's a fucking good one, It's actually one of my favorites on the album, some may not like the voice effect, but I do. 9/10

7. Laker Paper
Second weed song, and may I say it's the best one on the album. Juice greets us with one of his best verse yet on the tape. We get a great hook that is quite catchy and chill. Then Meech comes in and does his shit. I actually like both Meech and Juice equally on the song. I guess you could call this a stoner banger, a damn good one. One of my favorites on the album. 9.5/10

8. The Fun Song
FUCKING HOES FUCKING HOES BAD BITCHES BIG ROLLS. 8/10

9. JupiterSound feat. Kilo Kish
Kilo Kish comes in and really mellows you out with her majestic voice, which is really a feat considering the last song. Before you know it, Juice is on and gives a chill verse helped by back vocal of Kish. The chorus is sexy as fuck, I could seriously listen to it all day, it makes the song for me. After those beautiful vocals, Meech comes on and just like Juice gives a mellow and laid back verse of awesome. Then we are treated to Kish once again. I really love this song, my second favorite on the album. 9.5/10

10. Thug Waffle
FBZ's first hit that was released earlier this year, this was most people's taste of the magic that was destined to come. When you hear Meech for the first time on here, you're like "What the fuuuuuck" for he comes through with a twisted ODB-like verse that outshines everything on the song. Weed chorus for a weed song, nothing wrong here. Juice rides the beat nicely and shows a bit of his talented singing we get to witness in a later track. It bangs, I can smoke to it, it's pure Flatbush Zombies. 9/10

11. YBA feat. Erick Arc Elliot
Epic song of the tape, Meech comes in riding on the amazing production and gives his best verse on the whole tape in my opinion, he just goes off the chain. The hook does not disappoint it is epic as FUCK. They're young, black, arrogant, and the shit. Juice is next and again, give his best verse. The flow, the lyrics, his lovely singing, it's great. Erick is back on the #rare rapping, not being an official rapper, he can hold his all to Juice and Meech just fine, I wish he featured on tracks more often. Best song on the album, no contest. 10/10

12. Face-Off (L.S. Darko)
Meech stands alone on this track but unlike Al Bundy, he did not produce it himself. (Thank white jesus) It's just Meech spitting hot fire over a hot beat. SOMEBODY TELL EM WE GOT ZOMBIES OUT IN MIAMI BEEEEETCH! 8.5/10

13. Friday feat. Erick Arc Elliot
No Meech for once! Finally we get some more Juice singing it's so nice, I want a whole track of it in the future. His verse is laid back and based as fuck. Erick makes a cameo that's enjoyable, again, I wish he had more tracks. At the end of the song it's Juices beautiful singing repeated over and over again. The most positive song on the tape. 9/10

14. Drama feat. Erick Arc Elliot and Kaya
Erick comes on first for the first time like ever. Not a bad verse, nothing special though. I guess Kaya is the girl on the chorus it's nice, she's no Kilo Kish though. Then Meech comes and well, you know. After a while Juice is finally up and flows really nice on the track. Decent track, may be my least favorite, but I don't skip it. 7/10

15. Devil & Us feat. Erick Arc Elliot
ERICK AGAIN, WOW. Why even say 'featuring' if he's on a good chunk of songs? I actually like his verse alot, probably my favorite of his on here. Then it's Juice, his verse is aight, it's not bad, but probably his most lazy. Meech goes crazy on here, you don't fuck with a man who spits acid in angels faces. A haunting sample is used in this track, mixed with the production it's really cool. Good song, good song. 8/10

16. Chuch
I don't know why but the beginning of this song cracks me up, it's great. Also, I find it so fitting for Juice to completely destroy Meech on the last song, it's like after getting pushed over for the last hour, he gets the last laugh. Meech still does great on the track and closing the tape, but Juice just murders it for me. A great finisher to a great as fuck mixtape, it leaves me wanting more, can't wait for that album. ZOMBIES! 9/10

FINAL SCORE: 8.5/10

Thanks for reading my shitty review! More are on the way!

Be sure to comment down below!

@ Bleachgeek : (06 July 2013 - 09:14 PM)@Hobogod I own 3 fedoras, wore em in middle school and high school at times

#2 Fig

Fig

Ryan's army

• ✞ Premium ✞
  • 6,066 posts
  • Joined 23-September 11
  • LocationHouston

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:57 AM

Also, I'm not trying to be professional, so I don't give a fuck about all the typo's and shit.
@ Bleachgeek : (06 July 2013 - 09:14 PM)@Hobogod I own 3 fedoras, wore em in middle school and high school at times

#3 SaavedraKTA

SaavedraKTA

Hardly Posting, Always Lurking

• Members
  • 948 posts
  • Joined 10-April 12
  • LocationBridgeport, OH and Pittsburgh, PA

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:01 AM

Nice review man! Tonight was the first time i heard the tape and its amazing.
1%

#4 Fig

Fig

Ryan's army

• ✞ Premium ✞
  • 6,066 posts
  • Joined 23-September 11
  • LocationHouston

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:05 AM

Nice review man! Tonight was the first time i heard the tape and its amazing.

Thanks for reading!

#5 Turtle

Turtle

No

• Members
  • 2,553 posts
  • Joined 04-October 11
  • Locationfuck florida

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:16 AM

decent read, agreed for the most part.

KJrVM.jpg
Twitter: @EmpireIX and @TurtleIX Facebook.com/EmpireIX

#6 GloBoy slim

GloBoy slim

RNWU

• Members
  • 2,894 posts
  • Joined 22-June 11
  • LocationHere.

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:20 AM

Yikes. 9/10 is a little much

At least I'm not lightskinned

#7 Fig

Fig

Ryan's army

• ✞ Premium ✞
  • 6,066 posts
  • Joined 23-September 11
  • LocationHouston

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:44 AM

It's a mixtape bro, not an album.

But thanks for reading!

#8 Fig

Fig

Ryan's army

• ✞ Premium ✞
  • 6,066 posts
  • Joined 23-September 11
  • LocationHouston

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:45 AM

decent read, agreed for the most part.

Thanks

#9 Fig

Fig

Ryan's army

• ✞ Premium ✞
  • 6,066 posts
  • Joined 23-September 11
  • LocationHouston

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

After some thinking and listening, I have changed the final score

#10 beej

beej

Swings the biggest balls on OFT

• ✞ Premium ✞
  • 12,555 posts
  • Joined 16-May 11
  • Locationselling crack to single mothers.

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

cool review, a huge fan is always gonna give a higher rating then an unbiased listener, but most of ur track descriptions were pretty spot on imo.

#11 Fig

Fig

Ryan's army

• ✞ Premium ✞
  • 6,066 posts
  • Joined 23-September 11
  • LocationHouston

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:27 AM

cool review, a huge fan is always gonna give a higher rating then an unbiased listener, but most of ur track descriptions were pretty spot on imo.

Thanks for reading

#12 Mark

Mark

The Paste God

• Retired Moderator
  • 9,681 posts
  • Joined 07-June 11
  • Locationnever ending now

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

Nice review! I liked the tape a lot, good to see Flatbush Zombies improving and getting places.. Not sure if I would have rated it as highly, but it's a pretty solid mixtape.

#13 Fig

Fig

Ryan's army

• ✞ Premium ✞
  • 6,066 posts
  • Joined 23-September 11
  • LocationHouston

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

Nice review! I liked the tape a lot, good to see Flatbush Zombies improving and getting places.. Not sure if I would have rated it as highly, but it's a pretty solid mixtape.

It's opinions

Thanks for reading!

#14 TKJ

TKJ

#IAmOFT

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  • Joined 17-April 12
  • LocationCT

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

Good job I agree with everything

julianzo.jpg

#15 Teddie

Teddie

I love you all <3

• ✞ Premium ✞
  • 2,171 posts
  • Joined 13-April 12
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:20 AM

Lol TL;DR

#16 Guest_MitchBK1_*

Guest_MitchBK1_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:36 AM

Lol TL;DR

smh that's gay

#17 Teddie

Teddie

I love you all <3

• ✞ Premium ✞
  • 2,171 posts
  • Joined 13-April 12
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:40 AM

smh that's gay

It was a joke, I read it.

#18 GloBoy slim

GloBoy slim

RNWU

• Members
  • 2,894 posts
  • Joined 22-June 11
  • LocationHere.

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

It's a mixtape bro, not an album

I don't see why that would make a difference but idk, I feel as if the ratings on the songs are too high, meaning that you wouldn't skip ANY songs

At least I'm not lightskinned

#19 Fig

Fig

Ryan's army

• ✞ Premium ✞
  • 6,066 posts
  • Joined 23-September 11
  • LocationHouston

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

I don't see why that would make a difference but idk, I feel as if the ratings on the songs are too high, meaning that you wouldn't skip ANY songs

I don't skip any of em, I seriously listen to the whole tape straight. In my opinion, nobody this year so far has been dropping verse's like this on such quality production.

Also, a mixtape is like an arrangement of songs to give you a taste of what an artist has, and an album is like a finished product to be taken more seriously, or that's how I see it.

If this was an album, the score would have been lower.

#20 Jack

Jack

Ryan's arm

• ✞ Premium ✞
  • 8,568 posts
  • Joined 14-May 11
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

there's a difference between objective quality and subjective enjoyment. i like future, but i wouldn't argue that he's a good rapper

#21 Phobia

Phobia

Raped Mike G

• Members
  • 3,954 posts
  • Joined 18-June 11
  • LocationThe Wall

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

Good job I agree with everything

Same.

FUCKIN' HOES FUCKIN' HOES
Posted Image

#22 ImOnSumOthaSHit

ImOnSumOthaSHit

Super Cool Title

• Members
  • 1,120 posts
  • Joined 02-August 11
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:13 AM

Fig, this isn't a terrible review. A review is an opinion, you gave it in depth with every track. It's all good my nigga. Also its obv u dig these guys, they're pretty good, I don't think they're very good rappers but I liked a lot of the songs on this tape and the production is insanely good. I don't do any drugs so i thought the fact that like 90% of this album was doing copius amounts of dangerous drugs was going overboard. But The Fun Song is like a gotdamn anthem, Remember I Got Money was also one of my favorites, but my favorite verse on the whole thing came from Meech on Thug Waffle, mang.

Today I purchased a coffin, and I ain't even die yet!
Smoked about a hunnid blunts and I ain't even high yet!
Wrote my verse in poison ink, watch you biter die-gest
Got the illest grind, yeah, no eye can deny it
AH :hayy:
Liking Tyler and HopSin at the same time is no crime. They both hella talented.

#23 JesseBeltang

JesseBeltang

Odd

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Joined 07-June 11

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

really good review my mang, i agree 100%
was a super solid mixtape
definitely on the look out for anything these fellas drop!

#24 Fiasco

Fiasco

Crippled Paradox

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  • Joined 15-August 11

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

Great tape, was expecting more after how great the singles were but still awesome.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users