Stolen from What.
The 52 Year Project is an Odd Future Talk compiled list tracking the best releases of the past 52 years starting with 1962 and working upward to 2014.
The way I see this thing working is as follows:
1) We tackle one year, starting at 1962 and working forward, one year each week, for 52 weeks... which means we'll end up by documenting 2014 in December of 2014.
2) Every What member has the right to vote for 10 albums each week (each year of music) | note: 5 votes per year prior to 1969.
3) Simply copy the list from the post above you, add your picks (or votes) to the existing list, and you're good for the week. Format is "artist - album [numvotes]"
4) Only one vote per album, per person.
5) You don't have to use all 10 of your votes.
6) Please keep the entries alphabetical by artist, and include the proper title of the work.
7) All albums must have been released in the year we are working on. Discogs will be used as the reference for validating release date (unless it can be PROVEN to be otherwise).
8) All nominations must be from actual "projects" that were planned or mastered for release. Not one off remixes, or after show soundboards from bands that release everything. However, EPs and Live albums that were intended to be released are definitely fair game. Sessions for projects of importance that were never released are acceptable.
The way I see it, this could create quite an impressive starting point for many facets of your collection. I certainly hope to personally find a lot of nuggets from my fellow members that I would have previously overlooked. I don't see how we can lose with this one, particularly if participation is strong. So I encourage you... take the time to do your part in documenting the most comprehensive list of essential music ever collected!
Thank you for checking in on this important new What.CD Community project. Hopefully you will choose to contribute.
This thread will be used to keep track of all results and not votes. SO DO NOT VOTE IN THIS THREAD. Every Wednesday at 12 PM EST a new thread will be posted in the Music section corresponding with the year. Voting will take place in those threads and those threads only while they're still open. This thread is to archive all votes made as well as the results page found directly below this first post. At the end of January a thread will be placed to discuss about the Project and how it's doing. Please re-read the rules and have fun in voting.