298 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I really hate it when people turn atheist because of Tyler or OF! I am agnostic and I grew up in a christian family, I disagreed with a lot of the church teachings but seriously? I hate it when people just say "he has a point" :thurnis:

Posted · Report post

I'm just saying.

But I see what you're saying. I'm sure there are a bunch of faggots who are like "omg Tyler iz teh atheist, I'm an athiest." That is just the way people are, they see someone famous doing something, using a product, supporting a theory, following a religion.. then they are going to do it.

Posted · Report post

I don't even look into the religion shit he talks about. I'm a christian and I like his music. the whole crew is talented, and I put their talent over the religious beliefs. some people are so fucked up that the next day they act like they hate god all of a sudden. smh Just keep it one hunnit people. I can see pass the bullshit.

Posted · Report post

I wish people would stop making OF into a trend.

Just let them do what they do. ._.

But it's cool to make a trend out of a 'be yourself' message. Just ask Lady Gaga!

Posted · Report post

What if.. they genuinely do believe Tyler proved a point?

I'm not sure how anybody who was Christian could be convinced or think OF has a point, when basically all they say is "fuck church." How is that a point, let alone a proved point? I guess if you're really easily swayed by what you feel is social pressure to not be Christian, you'd be susceptible, but that's very different from succumbing to a logical argument.

Posted · Report post

What if.. they genuinely do believe Tyler proved a point?

Yeah, Tyler is a true poet!

Belief is something you gotta figure out on your own. Not from something you've heard in a rap song.

I am agnostic and probably will always be because I don't think I'll ever figure it out.

David Swa666 likes this

Posted · Report post

Yeah, Tyler is a true poet!

Belief is something you gotta figure out on your own. Not from something you've heard in a rap song.

I am agnostic and probably will always be because I don't think I'll ever figure it out.

Plus I'm happy having no religious affiliations. That shit is pointless.

Posted · Report post

Plus I'm happy having no religious affiliations. That shit is pointless.

Amen to that.

horsewang and WeStayClean like this

Posted · Report post

Do what you want. If more people realize that religion is idiotic because of Tyler then I consider that a good thing.

KHALED likes this

Posted · Report post

ive always been atheist/agnostic . thats part of the reason i got into OF. honestly i dont know how you can be a christian and listen to OF just because you think theyre talented. Like when youre listening to a song wilin' out and you hear "Fuck Church" and "God is the Cancer" wouldnt you stop and be like wait im christian, this is the work of satan. I dont see how you could do it, Im never gunna listen to Christian music because I would just be facepalming the whole time. Not saying OF is complete atheist music since there isnt really such a thing but they definitely hate religion. When I listen to music I like an artist who I can relate too, just makes you more passionate about the music.

NotADoctor and BathingApe like this

Posted · Report post

I really hate people who think people are atheist because:

1.They want to appear intelligent.

2.They are mad at "God."

3.They think it's cool or hip.

I know there is people like that, but I've been an atheist since I was 11. I didn't call myself an atheist until like 2 years ago, but I quit believing that shit when I was in 6th grade.

That's another reason why I love TYLER.

Posted · Report post

I'm not sure how anybody who was Christian could be convinced or think OF has a point, when basically all they say is "fuck church." How is that a point, let alone a proved point? I guess if you're really easily swayed by what you feel is social pressure to not be Christian, you'd be susceptible, but that's very different from succumbing to a logical argument.

I agree. I was just playing the devils advocate. But they could spark interest in some people to look into atheism and turn to atheism, which I guess would be "becoming an Atheist because of listening to OF."

Posted · Report post

Damn!!! i was just thinking the shit you wrote if your a christian you shouldnt even be listing to his music right? btw ive never believed that a god placed everyone here, when science proves other wise.

Posted · Report post

i hadn't believed in god before i started listening to of

Posted · Report post

ive always been atheist/agnostic . thats part of the reason i got into OF. honestly i dont know how you can be a christian and listen to OF just because you think theyre talented. Like when youre listening to a song wilin' out and you hear "Fuck Church" and "God is the Cancer" wouldnt you stop and be like wait im christian, this is the work of satan. I dont see how you could do it, Im never gunna listen to Christian music because I would just be facepalming the whole time. Not saying OF is complete atheist music since there isnt really such a thing but they definitely hate religion. When I listen to music I like an artist who I can relate too, just makes you more passionate about the music.

Damn!!! i was just thinking the shit you wrote if your a christian you shouldnt even be listing to his music right? btw ive never believed that a god placed everyone here, when science proves other wise.

This doesn't make any sense to me. To start with, I often listen to music made by people who have different opinions and beliefs than mine. I don't listen to OF to have my beliefs reaffirmed by some guys I don't know, I listen to it because I enjoy the music. I think a lot of people pigeonhole Christians as people who begin foaming at the mouth when an opportunity to condemn someone comes up, which is hard for me to understand. I'm a Christian, and I know a lot of Christians, and I'd say about 90% of us are nothing like that. Maybe that's just me and my group, though.

Stina and Cobalt like this

Posted · Report post

you right doe, makes alot of sense you got SWAGG points for the week!

Posted · Report post

you right doe, makes alot of sense you got SWAGG points for the week!

I'm assuming I can spend my SWAGG points at my local convenience store?